Summer is the perfect time to show off your immaculate lawn. However, it doesn’t take long with the summer heat to cause your property to look a little shabby. The following suggestions will help keep your lawn looking great all summer long!
1. Mowing your lawn is essential to keep it growing thick and full, while maintaining its luscious green blades. Several tips include:
- Mow early in the morning
- Mow one-third of the grass length
- Keep the grass higher than “normal”
- Use quality blades, avoid using dull blades
- Keep your grass off of the sidewalks and drive by using a weed-eater or edger.
2. Watering properly is important to keep the grass looking good. In the summer, watering thoroughly once a week is better for the root system and allows the nutrients to soak in. It is best to water early in the morning to prevent evaporation and fungus to grow.
3. Fertilize: You may control the fullness of your grass and the rate it grows by applying fertilizer. Use a fertilizer that has a lower nitrogen content, preferably every six-ten weeks.
4. Avoid Brown Spots: Brown spots may develop from many things, including from pet urine. With prompt care, you can quickly get rid of the annoying brown patches within a week. There are lawn repair kits for this very issue. In addition, you can spot treat areas that lack grass! Pay close attention to these spots to help your yard look meticulous.
5. Keep off the Grass: To keep an ideal curb appeal with a beautiful lawn, you may have to sacrifice the space for recreational use. Walking, running, or playing on the turf may damage the grass. Instead, consider having a designated area for outdoor play and avoid areas that are within street view.
6. Finish strong by Weed-eating/Edging: Make your yard look truly manicured by edging the grass along the driveway, sidewalks, and flowerbeds, while increasing curb appeal. Additionally, it adds value to your landscape without spending a lot of money.
7. Add a Touch of Color: Accent your yard with beautiful flowers to your landscape. Adding a touch of color for the season will make your yard standout among the neighbors. You may add a splash of color on the grounds or by adding container gardens! It’s great to consider which color of flowers to plant that will compliment and contrasts your house color and style.
Now that these expert lawn tips have been revealed, you’ve got the power to make your lawn survive the summer. Before long, you will have wonderful curb appeal and bragging rights for a beautiful lawn!