Closing day is near! You have found your dream home, been approved, and had your offer accepted! Now you need to become an expert on closing on a house. Here are our steps!
Earnest money deposit if applicable
- Money goes to an objective third party until all terms are agreed upon and finances are cleared.
- Hire an inspector to check your property
- Checking for termites, rodents, etc. This is done separately from the home inspection
Lock interest Rate
- With the help of a lender, lock in the lower rate before signing the papers
- Make sure all terms in the original offer have been met to satisfaction
Final Walk Thru
- Walk thru the property one last time to ensure there is nothing that violates terms
- This cash payment will be made to escrow and laster distributed to the appropriate party,
- Officially claim the title and take the keys to your new home